Paint can help promote good study habits for your KidsFebruary 14, 2018
Does Exterior paint increase the value of your home?February 14, 2018
General House Painting Tips
Painting makes your home look beautiful, there are hundreds of colours and textures available in paint these days which can actually make your wall look elegantly mesmerizing. But there are some tricks to paint your house in an easy way. We have gathered some of the best general house painting tips.
1. Colour selection: Paint your home the same colour or go for darker colours, because with only one-coat-painting your walls will look fuller and great, old colour will still show through in some areas, those thin areas will blend in. if you don’t know your present colour then peel some paint and take to a paint store they will match the exact colour. If you want to change your house paint colour then simply go for a darker version of the present colour.
2. Clean the Walls: Own a pressure washer and wash your house thoroughly before painting, it will not only clean the decade dust but will also make your paint patch up with wall strongly. It’s hard to imagine a house that does not need to be washed down prior to painting. So clean the walls on a warm day and then leave for a day and then you can paint your walls the next day.
3. Prepare the surface: You can paint directly over the old painted surface as long as it’s in good condition. If it is not in good condition then you need to prepare the surface. A power sprayer provides the easiest way to accomplish this, but hand scrubbing with a stiff-bristle brush is just as effective and often doesn’t take much longer because it requires only a little preparation and setup time. You should use a hammer and a nail set to tap all nailheads below the surface, then fill the holes with exterior-grade putty. Once the putty is fully cured, and it flushes. Then your wall will be paintable.
4. Prime the bare spot: Instead of coating the whole wall with primer, coat only the bare spots and problem areas. a quart of primer will be enough for those spots. Brush it on, and you’re done with the primer coating part.
5. Roller & Brush: The fastest, most effective way to apply paint is with both brush and roller. Rolling is the best for covering the expenses of siding quickly, and the paint goes down thick. It doesn’t require an entire day’s commitment. While brushes are used to paint onto the narrow surfaces, edges, and smaller areas, You can use a short, small-diameter roller to paint large and long surfaces such as siding and trim.
6. Paint in the shades: You should paint in direct sunlight or start applying paint to a sun-baked surface because it will make fresh paint dry too quickly. Paint on the shady side of the house. Then wait for the sun to move and the other sides of the house to become shaded or just paint on an overcast day.
Hope it is helpful!